Monday, November 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Theme Lesson Plans for November 2008

Despite what the Wal-Mart decor and seasonal aisle indicate, there is a holiday between Halloween and Christmas! A very important holiday for American Christians. And my favorite.

THANKSGIVING!
This year I really want to focus on Thanksgiving with my children. Knowing that I'm not going to have the energy to do much in November (and that Daddy will be conducting the lessons for much of the month) I have planned my Thanksgiving Themed Lesson Plans ahead of time.

I thought you might be interested in them. Click on the Plans and they'll open up in a jpg. (picture) file. I still haven't found a way to get files on Blogger without losing all of my formatting (even with the help of my computer programmer husband!) so this seemed the easiest way to share the pretty version.

I have also posted the Plans on my much neglected home school blog. I lost all the formatting over there but I have put in links - which I can't do on the jpg.

Have you started thinking about Thanksgiving? What traditions or books do you have for your family? I would love to hear about them!

5 comments:

Flamingo said...

good for you! we often forget to teach about thanksgiving when so much focus is on christmas right around the corner.

Cassie said...

Oh! For a minute there....thought you were going to say that November was the month of your favorite holiday...YOUR BIRTHDAY! :o) Love 'ya, Cassie

Kat said...

I thought it was funny that even the radio stations are ignoring November. I was getting ready to drive home the day after Halloween, and on my radio they were already playing Christmas music! It was incredibly wierd.

Stephanie Kay said...

I am adamant that Christmas can NOT begin until the day after Thanksgiving! That includes music!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm usually funny about not listening to christmas music before Thanksgiving, but this year we got some new cds from John's boss and I broke them out and started listening one cold, snowy morning.

Here's a link to two of our favorite Thanksgiving traditions. I was out of town on Nov 1, and John has been out of town this week, so I plan to start our thankful chain this weekend! Got everything prepared today even.

http://www.lifeat7000feet.com/2007/11/thanksgiving-traditions.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...