Thursday, November 6, 2008

I love you, Sweet!

I am thankful for my husband of eleven-and-a-half years, Joel.He works hard for our family every day in a job that is stressful and less than fulfilling. After dealing with difficult people at work he comes home to love on the five of us, and often finds us a bit difficult as well.
He is the spontaneous adult in our family. He likes to spend Saturdays on family outings such as our day at Beavertail Lighthouse. As you can see, he leads our children in making life an adventure and encourages them to have fun.
He is also patient when our children are afraid and gently leads them to overcome their fears. Will quickly overcame his fear of the water on our trip to Connecticut but Ben clung to Joel's back for most of our time in the pool. That meant Joel sacrificed real swimming to make sure his son had fun and felt safe.

Sweet, you have given up much to care for us this year. I appreciate your sacrifices and hard work on my behalf. Thank you for loving us, protecting us, guiding us to follow Jesus, and leading us on "Adventures." You are a terrific husband and fantastic daddy!

I am so thankful and glad that God gave you to me!!!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Wonderful post!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

very sweet words. he seems like such a good daddy.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, God, for Joel! The best!

Linda

Tech Daddy said...

Thank you sweetie. I love you very much. I'm sorry it took so long for me to comment on this. I did read it a day or so after you posted and just enjoyed (basked in) it again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...