Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis

I mentioned briefly in my photo shoot post that I have Rheumatoid arthritis.  That may have surprised some of my regular readers since I haven't written about my life with RA on this blog.  I'm changing that now.

As a newly diagnosed patient in 2000, I scoured the web for information about Rheumatoid arthritis.  Other than the Arthritis Foundation, I didn't find much.  And other than in their forums, I didn't find ANY personal stories.

So, for my regular readers and any newly diagnosed RA patients who have stumbled across my blog, I am sharing my story now.

Rather than create another label for RA, I'm going to use this article as a list of all my disease related posts.  As they are published I will link to them from here.
If you have any questions feel free to comment or email me. 


Disclaimer: I am not a doctor nor do I pretend to be one on TV. This post is intended to tell my experiences NOT to serve as medical advice. If your symptoms sound similar, please consult a physician.

Disclaimer: I have not been asked by a pharmaceutical company or any related organizations to write these posts. I have not been compensated for these posts in anyway (including money, medication, or medical treatments).

6 comments:

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

What a great idea! I have no doubt that many others will benefit from hearing about your experiences.

Maria Mundy said...

I look forward to reading these! Especially the last one. I almost posted a blog about what I'm going through right now, but I couldn't even finish writing it, let alone post it. I'm just not ready yet I guess.

See you tomorrow!!!

RA Guy said...

Just stumbled across your blog, looking forward to hearing more about your experiences living with rheumatoid arthritis. Thanks for sharing.

Alicia said...

I am so happy to hear that you are doing this. I can't wait to read your story!!!

Summer said...

I shared this with my sister. she cried. It was very helpful. She is dealing with chronic inflammation due to Crohns and the damage it is doing to her joints, a vascular necrosis in her knees.
She is learning to trust God. but she is an RN and even today she treated a patient who got cancer from the drugs they want to put her on. Choices. Choices. Prayer and Faith. Thank you for Sharing your journey.

Stephanie Kay said...

Hi Summer, I'm glad your sister found my story helpful. My mom was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease a couple of years ago. It's amazing how connected a lot of the autoimmune diseases are. I'm sure your sister's own experiences make her very compassionate as a nurse.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...