Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Living with Chronic Illness and Faith

This post is part of my Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis series.

I believe:
  • God loves me.
  • God created me for a purpose.
  • God has a plan for me, which includes rheumatoid arthritis.
  • my R.A. diagnosis did not take God by surprise.
  • God can use this pain-filled disease for my best, if I allow Him to.
  • praying for healing is OK.
  • God can heal me this instant, or any instant in the last 10 years, but is choosing not to.
  • my disease is not a punishment from God.
  • God does not find joy or pleasure in my disease.
  • God can handle my "why" questions, fears, anger, and frustrations.
  • God wants me to tell Him my "why" questions, fears, anger, and frustrations.
  • when I get to Heaven I'll have a new disease-free body!
  • I may never understand the 'good' in my disease.
Do you have a chronic illness or some other overwhelming circumstance in your life today?  If you have a faith in God I recommend you also write down an "I believe" list.  I know it helps me when I feel overwhelmed.  

"My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." 
 - 2 Corinthians 12:9a (NASB)

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor nor do I pretend to be one on TV. This post is intended to tell my experiences NOT to serve as medical advice. If your symptoms sound similar, please consult a physician.

Disclaimer: I have not been asked by a pharmaceutical company or any related organizations to write these posts. I have not been compensated for these posts in anyway (including money, medication, or medical treatments).

3 comments:

Flamingo said...

i sent this post to a RL friend of mine who is also dealing with chronic illness (fibromyalgia)...her name is Angie (in case she decides to contact you).

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

What a great idea! I love the idea of writing an "I Believe" list. It is good to have a reminder when you are in the "thick" of things.

Leann said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS POST SO MUCH!!! Thank you for sharing this. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...