Monday, August 27, 2007

The Food! Oh The Food!

You may think I'm a little crazy to do a post on the food I ate during my 24 Hours of Freedom. You'd be right. Just keep in mind that I have three children ages 4, 2.5 and 1 year. That means I NEVER finish a meal in one sitting. Also, have you ever tried to eat any chocolate without sharing with your children? I tell you they have junk food radars! Let me sneak a healthy snack and I never see them. Pull out a piece of chocolate or chips and they are on me like a duck on a June bug. Maybe now you understand my need to recount our pigging out adventures.

If you read this you saw the junk food I took with me. My friends contributed strawberries, bananas, homemade muffins (with butter!), shelled pistachios, cashews, almost every chocolate candy bar conceivable, chips & salsa, Dr. Pepper, bottled water, and donut sticks. I know I'm forgetting somethings. (Amy, Julia, & Carrie feel free to add to this list in the comments!) We even had 2 soft-sided ice chests to keep our drinks cool.

Friday we ate an early supper at the Mall Food Court. I ate an exceptionally greasy pizza. After Beth finished speaking Friday night, we walked across the street to our hotel room and chowed down on the above yummy stuff. Saturday morning breakfast consisted of leftovers. We ended our 24 Hours of Freedom with lunch at On the Border. Yum! I love Mexican food!

I enjoyed eating hot and cold foods instead of lukewarm. I enjoyed eating my food in one sitting. I enjoyed feeding only me for a change. And I REALLY enjoyed not having to share off of my plate or have someone question my choice of Coke and Nutty Bar for breakfast. = )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...