Thursday, September 13, 2007

Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now.

One last post regarding our trip to Edaville. Who knew one day could provide so much blog fodder?!

As I've mentioned before the trip from Edaville to our house takes a little over an hour. That means we hit the bathrooms before we left the amusement park. Unfortunately it was more like an hour and 45 minutes from the time of our potty break until we got home. There was one last ride on the way out of the park (see the airplane picture). Then we stopped at a quick mart to buy drinks since we were all parched from the day in the sun.

We were about 10 minutes from home, on Interstate 95, when Will pipes up from the back, "I have peepee in my tummy." Oh, baby. Hold it. There is no place to pull over here and we are almost home.

Poor guy. At four years-old he seldom has accidents during the day. Unless he's involved in play and can't be bothered to go in the house. When he does have an accident he starts stripping off clothes because he hates to be wet from pee.

We made it about 4 blocks from the house when Will piped up, "The peepee's coming out. I can't hold it in." Fortunately we had made it to an open area. Joel whipped the van onto a side street and pulled into an empty lot. I hit the unlock button and opened the side door of the van to find Will already standing at the door. I grabbed him under the arms and ran to the front of the van. I'll spare you the rest of the details. Just know that the grass was well watered.

We climbed back in the van and proceeded the rest of the way home. And for our listening pleasure from the back seat came the whines and cries of a two-year-old boy who believes he must do everything Brother does. Including peeing outside on the grass.

Last week Ben started wearing "big boy" underwear, with the exception of a couple of poopy accidents he's done really well. But I'm no fool. The boy wore Pull-Ups to the amusement park!! So I told him to go ahead and pee in his diaper. Have you ever tried to reason with a tired, cranky two-year-old? It's pretty pointless.

So as soon as we pulled into our driveway I rushed to open the van door just as I had for Will. I grabbed Ben out of his seat and hurried him to a secluded corner of our house and dropped his drawers. He, too, watered the grass. What is it about boys and peeing outside that makes them so happy?

After I snapped Ben's pants I turned around. My eyes glanced across the street to the only house with a view of us. And what did I see? My neighbor sitting on his front steps. Thank goodness he has a son and he knows my sons. So he was not shocked by the peeing in the front yard. I'm pretty confident he, and later his wife, had a good chuckle at our expense. I'm sure it's not their first chuckle and it won't be their last!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...