Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Give Thanks to the Lord Children's Book

Thanksgiving is about, well, giving thanks. When giving thanks it's good to know WHO you are thanking. The children's book Give Thanks to the Lord by Karma Wilson makes it clear that we are thanking God for his blessings.

The book follows a little boy through his family's Thanksgiving celebration. Friends and family members arrive. The children play in the leaves. And eventually they eat their Thanksgiving dinner. After each activity occurs we read the refrain "It's good to give thanks to the Lord."

With cute illustrations and easy to read words, Give Thanks to the Lord is an excellent book to read with your children and remind them who we are thanking this holiday season.

Be sure to like Stephanie's Mommy Brain on Facebook where I'm sharing more Thanksgiving tips and links throughout November.

More Thanksgiving Kids Activities and Books Posts

2 comments:

Carrie said...

This one is on my wish list! I bought another by this same author from this series. Good to know you like this title also!

Stephanie Kay said...

I wouldn't say it's one of my favorites but it's cute and has it's place in our collection for my littlest guy. I'd recommend it for 3-8 yr olds. My 8 yr old enjoyed it this year but it wasn't one he picked out of the basket voluntarily.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...