Friday, October 12, 2007

Just call me Super Momma

A couple of weeks ago we rearranged the car seat configuration in the van. The boys had been in the back and Ellie was in the center. We switched them. I've since decided this configuration isn't nearly as convenient but the boys can now see out better and enjoy being in the middle. I'm not sure how long it's going to last.

One of the things they are able to see now is stop lights. We had to explain about green means go, yellow means slow down and stop, and red means stop.

Tonight on the way home Ben announced, "I made de wight change gween." By the way, both boys are convinced they have super hero powers. Will often mentions "when I learn to fly." Back to the current story. I asked Ben how he turned the light green. "I cwosed my two eyes. When I opened my eyes it twuned gween!

As we neared the next stop light (there are only 6 or 8 lights between our house and Sears) I remembered back to when I was a little girl. My dad convinced me he had the power to change stop lights green. With only the snap of his fingers! Whoa....! So at the next light I declared myself to have the power and snapped my fingers. Sure enough the light changed green. My boys were very impressed with momma.

It only stands to reason that the momma of little super heroes should have a super power herself. If only I could figure out the super power for making chocolate appear anytime I wanted some. Now that would be a really useful power to have!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Instantly appearing chocolate would be a very beneficial power if it also included that it didn't add calories, fat, or sugar to your body!!! Love hearing about the boys "changing" the stop lights!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...