Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Crazy 5K Goal

In January, I set a crazy goal for myself - run the Cox Rhode Races 5K on May 2, 2010 in Providence, Rhode Island.  Running 3.1 miles may not sound crazy to you but for this mom of 4 with rheumatoid arthritis running any amount sounds crazy!!

Because one challenge is never enough for me, I have joined with CompassionRun.com as a runner to raise support for Jenefer Sarrosa, a participant in Compassion International's Leadership Development Program (LDP).

I am honored to help Jenefer accomplish her goal of a college education.  A graduate of Compassion's Child Sponsorship program, Jenefer is currently attending college in the Philippines to earn a degree in Psychology.  She is a bright young lady who worked hard to be admitted into the LDP. (You can read more about her accomplishments at CompassionRun.com.) 

Will you join me in assisting Jenefer by giving to her LDP sponsorship

I have set a goal to raise $600* for Jenefer by May 2.  Will you partner with me to help Jenefer by donating $5 for each mile I will run on May 2?  If 40 people donate $15 each we will reach $600* together. 

Here's how you give:
  • Visit CompassionRun.com.
  • Fill out the Sponsor form.
  • Write a check to 'Compassion International' with 'CompassionRun.com-Jenefer Sarrosa' on the memo line**.
  • Mail the check to:  CompassionRun.com, 864 Diamond Rim Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80921.
Thank you for supporting me and Jenefer as we accomplish our goals!  I can't wait to share with you the results of our partnership and my race day.

*$600 covers Jenefer's costs (tuition, room, board, misc.) for 2 months.
** Donations to Compassion International are tax deductible.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I think you ARE crazy. =D Let me think about this a little...

The idea is awesome. And I'd like to be a part so I'll e-mail ya.

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

I think it is good to do some crazy things once in a while (within reason, of course). I love this goal that you have set for yourself (can I live vicariously through you since I have done nothing to get fit this year?).

Compassion is a wonderful organization! We will definitely be praying about how we might contribute. : )

Leann said...

GREAT GOALS!!! GO STEPHANIE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

kgdeweij said...

Alon and I are planning on running the 5k as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...