What's February Vacation week?
Well, while you folks down South and out West have Spring Break in March, New England schools let out for February Vacation AND Spring Break (though it's really an Easter Break but they can't call it that any more).
Before I had kids I didn't understand the need for 2 breaks. Now I get it. By mid-February everyone is going stir crazy from being inside all winter. We just need a break.
I have a lot of fun plans for our break.
My husband is taking 3 days off of work. We'll celebrate my second son's 7th birthday. We're meeting friends at Sturbridge Village for a play date, my Cub Scouts are working on their Pinewood Derby cars, AND I'm attending a baby shower.
Whew! I'm going to need a vacation after my vacation!
What are we eating February 20-26, 2012?
- Turkey Spaghetti, Salad, Fruit
- Chicken Noodle Soup (from the freezer)
- Homemade Pepperoni Pizza, Salad, Pineapples, Birthday Cake (as requested by the birthday boy)
- Chicken and Rice Casserole, Broccoli
- Eating Out on Playdate Night
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Recent menu plans: