Sunday, July 15, 2007

Vacation Bible School

I have fond memories of attending Vacation Bible School every year growing up. The procession of flags. The slide show of missionaries. The Bible stories. The Kool-Aid and cookies. Somewhere along the way I graduated from student to helper then to teacher. This past week I graduated to parent.

A local church (not our church) hosted Vacation Bible School last week. Their classes started at 4 years old. Guess what? I have a four year old, William. Since we know the lady who would teach his class, I decided that Will should attend.

The first morning I almost cried on the way home after I dropped him off. This was the first time I've left Will in this type of a setting. I got a little emotional about it.

Will enjoyed his time at VBS. He learned Bible stories, sang new songs, made crafts and even rode a horse! He also practiced independence from Momma and Brother. Meanwhile, Ben & I enjoyed some time alone together while Ellie took her morning nap. That's something we are rarely able to do. It was a good week for everyone but I'm sure glad it only lasted a week.

I'm also glad Ben can't attend for 2 more years. Maybe I won't cry after I drop him off. Maybe. But I'm not counting on it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...