Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Baseball Birthday Party for William

There seems to be a debate these days about kids' birthday parties. After 4 years of birthday parties my opinion is to keep things as simple as possible. In fact, we probably wouldn't have parties if we had extended family nearby.

But since our nearest family members are over 1000 miles away our kids each get a small party starting at 3 years of age (something I started when I only had TWO kids!). I try to have a general theme related to the birthday kid's current interests.

So what happened for Will's birthday in May?

Well, he talked of nothing but a cowboy birthday party after Ben's party in February. Then about 3 weeks before his party, Will decided cowboys were out and baseball was in. Since our guest list only included 2 families and I hadn't started buying party goods yet, we made the switch.

What do you need to have a baseball themed party for a 6 year old?

Friends wearing baseball clothes!

Bags from the Dollar Store filled with Popcorn!!

A Ball Cake: white frosting with lines of chocolate chips!

And lots of baseball playing!!

A super simple party with lots of fun for everyone!! You can watch some of the fun here:


6 comments:

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

Six!?! When did that happen?

Looks like they all had a really good time. Loved the cake!

Amy said...

Looks like so much fun! Loved the video and boy did that song take me back! Thanks for sharing!

Carrie said...

What an awesome party!

Yeah, I'm not sure what our Policy on Birthday Parties will be.

I know that for our future son (due to arrive in the US sometime this year), the first birthdays are a BIG DEAL in their culture. So we'll make a big deal out of it.

I figured if we're making a big deal out of brother's birthday, we should probably make a big deal out of turning 3.

I'm already planning. =) I LOVE planning parties. So...maybe we'll make it a big deal every year?

Yeah. I say that only having one. haha!

Linda said...

Looks like a great party. Ellie can really swing that bat and she knew right where first base was. Way to go, Ellie! Happy Birthday, Will! You were a baseball star for a day!

Grammy

The Hibbard Family said...

We're looking forward to a ball party - not sure yet if it's going to be baseball, football, basketball, or all of the above (his passion varies)! So, we found plates with ALL the balls on them, and we can save the cake design until the last minute. I'm so excited!

Jenn said...

Love the video! Makes me wish we were there to help celebrate. 6!!! Doesn't seem possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...