Thursday, January 13, 2011

What should I blog about?


With the arrival of the new year I am evaluating my blog.  I'm thinking through and praying about why I blog, my goals for blogging and the content I want to see on my blog.

I have a pretty good idea of things from my perspective but I'd love to have your perspective on Stephanie's Mommy Brain!

Will you do me a favor and answer some, all, or just one, of the following questions in the comments?


  1. What is your favorite topic at SMB?  (grown-up books, children's books, Family Fun Friday, organization/family management, my RA story, my getting healthy journey, Habit Forming, food, home school, stories about my family, anything else that comes to mind)
  2. What topic would you like to read more?
  3. How do you feel about the title "Stephanie's Mommy Brain?" (Does it make sense?  Does it describe the blog?)
  4. What regular features would you like to see?  (something recurring like Family Fun Friday)
  5. What topics would you like to see go away?
  6. How do you read SMB posts?  (Through a blog reader?  A bookmark on your computer?  Follow Facebook links?  Other?)
  7. Have you ever commented?  (If not, WHY not?)
  8. Why do you read SMB?  (Because we're friends in real life?  For the tips and information?  Because you relate to the stories I share?)
  9. Which post is your favorite?
  10. Demographics:  single/married, male/female, age (just give decade), children (how many?), home school/other school.
Thank you for taking a couple of minutes to answer these questions.  I really want SMB to be beneficial so your input will help me accomplish that!

If you have any suggestions I didn't cover in the questions feel free to include them.  I just ask that you keep your comments constructive.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Really, I like reading about whatever is on your mind, is YOU and what you come up with. I wouldn't want to have any input into that. =) The things you care about and are interested in are the most interesting to me to read.

You know my family status. ;D

And I subscribe to you via Google Reader.

And yes, I comment because a.) I like receiving comments b.) it helps me to get to know you better and vice versa and c.) I think it's good blogging etiquette.

Jenn said...

I agree with Carrie. I do like seeing pics of the kids when you post them.

Alissa:Adventurer said...

What is your favorite topic at SMB?
Stuff that you guys do around New England, Homeschooling, Parenting, Tips or Tricks for family stuff, food

What topic would you like to read more? Parenting, biblical parenting, being a mom, struggles with being a mom and how your faith works with that, recipes, organizing stuff

How do you feel about the title "Stephanie's Mommy Brain?" (Does it make sense? Does it describe the blog?) Yes. Love it.


How do you read SMB posts? (Through a blog reader? A bookmark on your computer? Follow Facebook links? Other?) Usually through Google Reader, but I often click through

Why do you read SMB? Cuz you are awesome.

Demographics: single, female, age 21, no kids, in college.

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

Hmmmm.....

I like reading your blog as it is. I enjoy the things that you share. I especially enjoy the personal stories (you can never share too many stories about the kids or pictures for that matter). :) I wouldn't mind reading more about your parenting challenges and triumphs along the way.

I think the blog name works well. I follow you through Google Reader. Possible recurring topic: I used to like the quote of the day posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...