Thursday, January 22, 2009

An Update from Baby Sam at 3 Months.

Hi! I'm Samuel.

I turned 3 months old yesterday. My momma can't believe it.

Momma says I LOVE to eat. When I was born I weighed 7 pounds 12 ounces. In December Dr. S. said I weighed 11 pounds 15 ounces. That was over a month ago. Momma is sure that I'm getting close to 15 pounds now. She's starting to complain about how heavy I am.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to start sleeping longer at night. I got tired of listening to Momma complain about how tired she is. Not to mention she kept falling asleep while I was eating! So now I sleep about 6 hours at night but not the hours Momma wants. I prefer 8 PM to 3 AM. I can't let her start thinking she's boss or anything!

I've also decided the other people in this house are OK. My Daddy is lots of fun. He makes silly faces and noises. I usually smile and laugh just so he'll keep acting so goofy.

There are three other little people in my house. I like my oldest brother, William, the best. He doesn't pinch or poke me in the eye like the other two do.

The best part is that he likes to read me books! I don't understand what he's saying but the pictures are fun and I like to listen to him talk. We've had some good conversations and laughs together. He's a great big brother!

I also made an exciting discovery a few weeks ago! I have a thumb! And it fits in my mouth so nice. Momma says that's why I'm sleeping longer at night. I don't know about that. I just like the way it feels when I suck on it. Momma says I look very cute when I suck my thumb and Daddy agrees with her.

Do you have any little people at your house? How old are they? Maybe my brothers and sister could have a play date with them.

Well, I'd better go now. I think it's time for a snack.

11 comments:

Jenn said...

What a cutie! Love the pic of him crying! :-) Can't wait to get all of the cousins together for a play date! They grow so fast!! Can't believe it's already been 3 months. To Sam,Ellie,Will & Ben: Hugs & Kisses from your aunt & uncle!!

Jenn said...

And Addi!! (oops) :-)

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

So cute! He is getting so big - my how the time flies! I love the crazy hair - I have an affinity for crazy hair ; ). It is funny how all 4 kids look similar. God is so funny like that - in some families the siblings look like they aren't even related (like mine) while in others there is no mistaking the resemblance.

Amber said...

He is precious! Isn't it crazy how fast they grow up? My baby is 4 now, and I find myself missing (just a little bit) the middle-of-the-night feedings and diaper changes.

He's a cutie!

Alicia said...

Sam, you are cute! My Sam is a girl, but she loves to suck her thumb too! I'm glad you are growing so well! Happy Birthday!

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

He is so cute! Some moms think thumbs are bad...not me...they always have them with them...luckily mine used his very inconspicuously (sp?)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam! I know we haven't gotten to see each other much (yet), but it's me M'Kayla! Wow! Three months already. And you're growing so fast! Eating is a really good thing. I enjoy it too. The doctor weighed me today and I am up to 11 lbs. 6 oz. My mom says maybe I can learn from you about sleeping longer at night? But, I do like eating, so I don't know if I really want to learn.

There are little people at my house, too. They're fun and talk about your brothers and sister a lot. So, yes, maybe we should have a playdate one of these days? I think my mom would enjoy the time with your mom, too

See you soon, Sam! Happy 3 month birthday!

Kat said...

He is so cute! Can't wait to actually meet little Sam.

Rachel said...

How sweet....please don't make me miss infants. I'll want to go have another and we want Grasshopper to grow a bit more first.

Leann said...

They are all so precious!!! You are a busy woman with all of them being so young all at the same time. I thought I would let you know that our Sarah... Dan's sister just had a miscarriage this week. They need your prayers please. :(

I got the scripture memory link from you. Thank you! I am like you... I am reading and get the concept but the word for word is difficult for my little brain right now. ;) I will get better with practice.

Love to you all!
~Leann

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

He's adorable. I can't believe he can weigh that much! You must spend all your time feeding him!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...