Monday, January 12, 2009

A Menu, A new layout, and THE answer.

Using my How to Make a Menu post as a guide, I typed up a monthly menu over the weekend.

I started Friday morning because I needed to go to the grocery store. In typical fashion for my life, I didn't finish the menu until Saturday afternoon. I still bought groceries Friday night; I just focused on the meal plan for this week instead of stocking up for the whole month.

This week we will be eating:
Breaded Chicken, Broccoli, Carrots, Rice.
Easy Lasagna, Green Beans, Corn, Cheddar Bread.
Tater Tot/ Hashbrown Casserole, Sausage.
Chicken Fajitas, Tortillas, Sour Cream, Black Olives, Salsa.
Homemade Pizza, Salad, Pineapples.
Potato Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Crackers.

If you are interested in seeing the whole month or the recipes I'll be using go to SMB In the Kitchen. Almost all of the meals on my monthly menu have links to my recipes. I hope to get the rest of the recipes up there sometime this month.

A word about my recipes. Remember I have 4 kids 5 years old and under so my meals are uncomplicated, quick, and fairly cheap. And kid friendly (for the most part). If you try a recipe I'd love to hear if you liked it, hated it, or tweaked it.

Also, if you are interested in seeing more menus head over to Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.

*********************************************
How do you like my new layout? Or is it called a template? I'm never sure about technical blogging terms. I thought Cheerios was fitting for my life and blog.

Before you ask, I didn't make it. I've been tweaking and playing with the html code (much to the amusement of my computer programmer husband) but I'm not up to doing a whole layout - yet. I found this one at Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates. Her button is in the sidebar.

**********************************************
THE Answer. I'm sure you've been wondering all weekend what the answer to this post is. What does "he's putting germs on my bed" mean?

You all had excellent ideas. I laughed outloud when I read them. I could also tell who is a mom of boys. Alicia at Experiencing Each Moment came the closest with her "#2 rubbing his bottom" suggestion.

We have talked with both boys about washing your hands after you go to the bathroom because certain body parts have germs on them.

Well, if Will (5 years) happens to be in the bedroom bugging Ben (almost 4 years) during the process of changing clothes, Ben takes the opportunity to sit or roll on Will's bed - sans clothing.

Thus, "He's putting germs on my bed!"

It never fails to crack me up; not sure what that says about me.

7 comments:

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

Like the new look! Cheerios definitely work. Love the chubby little fingers in that one picture in your header.

Your boys crack me up! They also make me thankful that I have a girl ; )

The Hibbard Family said...

That's great! Ah, boys! That gives me quite a laugh. Thanks for the template link too - I like exploring new backgrounds.

Jenn said...

I was thinking something similar about the germ thing! They are too funny! I also love your new template. I tweaked mine this weekend and it looks better. :-) I also made 2 weeks worth of menus...I haven't bought groceries (don't need that much) tried to work with what I have. We'll see how it goes.

Stephanie said...

Love the new layout! You notice I didn't try and guess the germ thing - I have lots o' girls. They don't do things like that. Or do they. :)

Alicia said...

The template looks SO good! I love that the background is cheerios. It reminds me of scrapbook paper I used to see back in my scrapbooking days!

I think Ben is clever and a genius!!! He's using all his resources available to fight fair!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I love your layout and your menu ideas!

Kat said...

I love the Cherios! The layout looks great. It is always fun to see what your blog will loook like next.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...