Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Movie Quote Quiz

Have you been watching lots of Christmas movies lately?  We sure have!  So in honor of holiday DVDs I give you my Christmas movie quote quiz.

  1. "Light the lamp, not the rat!!"
  2. "You'll shoot your eye out."
  3. "Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more!"
  4. "Give me one reason, one good reason, why we should spend our last two hours in Florida looking at the sisters of Freckle-Face Haynes, the dog-faced boy."
  5. "Sh-sh-sh-shiny? I'd even say it glows." 
  6. "Happy birthday! Hey, I said my first words. But... But snowmen can't talk."
  7. "Christopher Columbus!!"
  8. "N.  Y." 
  9. "Yippee-ki-yay."
  10. "What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down."
  11. "Ugh! I've been kissed by a dog! I have dog germs! Get hot water! Get some disinfectant! Get some Iodine!" 
  12. "I am one with the Yuletide, know what I mean?"
  13. "Ah, Millward, in this modern age it isn't enough just to have a great story, anymore. No, you need to show the audience something they've never seen before!"
  14. "I made my family disappear."
  15. "I don't know, maybe it was just all a dream. Maybe I went to bed one lonely night in December and I imagined it all. But I swear, nothing has ever felt more real."
  16. "Can we take a direct flight back to reality, or do we have to change planes in Denver?"
  17. For the past 50 years or so I've been getting more and more worried about Christmas. Seems we're all so busy trying to beat the other fellow in making things go faster and look shinier and cost less that Christmas and I are sort of getting lost in the shuffle.
  18. But you don't want to be bamboozled. You don't want to be led down the primrose path! You don't want to be conned or duped. Have the wool pulled over your eyes. Hoodwinked! You don't want to be taken for a ride. Railroaded!  
Do you know all of the answers?  Click here to see the answer page.

What are your favorite Christmas movie quotes?

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Hmmm

#1 - Not sure
#2 - The Christmas Story
#3 - The Grinch Who Stole Christmas
#4 - White Christmas
#5 - ?
#6 - Frosty the Snowman
#7 - I'm not totally sure but it sounds like a Katherine Hepburn remark.
#8 - ?
#9 - ?
#10 - It's a Wonderful Life
#11 - Charlie Brown's Christmas
#12 - ?
#13 - ?
#14 - Home Alone
#15 - ?
#16 - ?
#17 - Miracle on 34th Street
#18 - Sounds SO familiar but I can't place it....!

Stephanie Kay said...

Carrie, I'm surprised you missed #7 after blogging about Louisa May Alcott several times this month! :)

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

How fun!

Carrie already guessed some of the other ones that I knew. So here are a couple more that I could figure out without looking at the answers:

#1 is Muppet's Christmas Carol (love that movie and often say to Mike "I am usually trustworthy" quoting the Ghost of Christmas Present).
#15 is The Family Man (love that movie too)

Some of the others sound familiar but I cannot place them.

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

I forgot to mention that "N. Y." is from Sleepless in Seattle.

Stephanie Kay said...

Good job, Dawn!! I love the Muppet Christmas Carol!! It's the only version of the movie that I enjoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...