Monday, June 7, 2010

Space Food Review

While at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum a few weeks ago, I decided a package of space food would be a fun way to celebrate our visit.


So I spent $5 on a package of ice cream - an ice cream sandwich to be exact.



Yes, we split it 6 ways.  My children thought it tasted great and loved eating food that astronauts eat.  My opinion was a little different - it tasted exactly the way I imagine Styrofoam would taste with a chocolate coating.

I don't regret buying our space food but I definitely wouldn't want to eat it on a regular basis!!

Have you eaten space ice cream?  What'd you think of it?

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Yeah, that's about how I imagine it would taste.

It all looks dried out and disgusting -which makes you really wonder exactly how healthy our astronauts really ARE. Fake food isn't exactly the best thing for us.

Anyway, no I haven't tried it (and don't really care to.)

Alissa:Adventurer said...

Completely unrelated, but have you ever heard about this blog:

http://www.onemomsreview.net/

Stephanie Kay said...

Alyssa, I've seen the blog before but it's been a long time. She does something similar to what I try to do - give moms ideas and reviews of activities to do with their kids. Thanks for bringing it to my attention again.

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

That does not look tasty at all. Fun way to celebrate, for sure. You are probably glad that you split it 6 ways - less to eat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...