Thursday, June 17, 2010
6 Tips for Strawberry Picking with Children
By Stephanie Kay
After 5 years of strawberry picking with my children I've learned a few lessons I want to share with you.
1. Take a bottle of water for each person. Hard working pickers get thirsty!
2. Expect them to eat as they pick!
3. Take pictures of your kids when you first arrive. Be sure you squat down to your child's level to get the best pictures.
4. Wear hats and sunscreen. The sun can be brutal in an open field.
5. EVERYONE should wear red shirts. Little hands WILL get wiped on their shirts and yours, too! And strawberry juice STAINS!
6. Stop for ice cream cones on the way home. (Optional, but it's always a good idea to reward your hardworking strawberry pickers!)
Do you go strawberry picking? I'd love to hear about your experience!