Thursday, June 7, 2012

To me being fit means...


I am a 37 year old homeschooling mother of four. For 12 years I've lived with the fatigue and joint pain of rheumatoid arthritis. Off and on for 2 years, I've made nutrition and exercise a priority.

That's the story of my lifelong journey to fitness and health. I'm sure it looks very different from you story. No doubt our definitions of being fit differ from one another.


To me being fit means...
  • being able to run a 5k in 30 minutes without stopping or walking.
  • not having a "muffin top."
  • seeing defined muscles in my arms and shoulders.
  • wearing my size 8 jeans comfortably. (I currently cannot button said jeans!)
  • burning off the extra 10-15 pounds I'm carrying around.
  • not looking like I birthed four children or have an incurable disease.

Being fit means something different to every woman. Just as the steps to being fit are different for every woman.


My steps to being fit are:
  • running 3 times a week and using C25K to train for the NK5K in September.
  • exercising with weights at least 2 times a week.
  • eating at least 4 servings of vegetables and 2 servings of fruit a day.
  • eating real serving sizes instead of American "super-sized" portions.
  • creating accountability to others by blogging my journey and participating in Project 10.

What does being fit mean to you? What are your steps to being fit?


Linked to:

Hip Homeschool Hop Button


Stay up to date on my fitness journey by having new Stephanie's Mommy Brain posts emailed to you each day. Just enter your email address in the box above my welcome picture.

1 comment:

Bath Tub Mama said...

Great points. I lost 80 pounds about 7 years ago and stuggle daily to keep it off. I lost the weight before I had kids. SO, I got to loose part of it all over again after their births( Not that I would change anything) I exercise at least 3-4 times a week and alternate between aerobics and walking. Being fit to me is when I am not out of breath doing simple things. Exercise helps soo much with this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...