Friday, June 29, 2012

Hot dogs are a baseball game must for 9 yr old boys!

Will and Dad at Fenway Park for a Red Sox game!

On Tuesday I mentioned that my husband and oldest son visited Fenway Park last week. There was a little more to the story.

Will is a huge Red Sox fan so we decided his gift for his 9th birthday would be tickets for him and dad to go see a game. His initial response was a little eh... but the closer we got to the game the more excited he got.

Being a blogger I sent them off with orders to take lots and lots of pictures. I specifically asked for photos of Will with the baseball field in the background. My husband took a few of those, though my favorite is the one above. The quality isn't great but you can see they are having fun.


Will eating a Fenway Frank.

What I did not expect was a ton of pictures of Will eating. Well, ton might be an exaggeration, I counted 6, out of 69 total. For some reason this makes me laugh. Maybe because wanting to eat a lot is typical of a nine year old boy?


Swallowing the last of the frank and moving on to cotton candy!


Pizza time!

Yes, he ate a hot dog, cotton candy, and soda before the game started. Then partway through the game ate a giant slice of pizza.

The really funny thing was listening to him complain about spending nearly $5 of HIS money on a hot dog.

A lot of memories were made on that trip to watch the Red Sox play and food definitely has it's place among them. For some reason that makes me laugh. I hope it amuses you, too!

What do you eat at a ballgame?


Stay in the Loop! Subscribe to Stephanie's Mommy Brain and receive new posts in your email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


Linked to:

Hip Homeschool Hop Button
 

10 comments:

Mindi @ Simply Stavish said...

It cracks me up that he was complaining about spending $5.00 of his own money. Great way to teach him just how expensive things are at a ball game. So this is what I have to look forward to with boys...nothing but eating! :) Great post. Looks like they had a good time. We still need to get to a game at fenway.

Carrie said...

Well, $5 on a hotdog IS a bit mindblowing . . .

:D

Stephanie Kay said...

Carrie, it definitely is!!

Mindi, to add insult to injury he had to pay for his AND dad's hot dog and soda. He received birthday money from grandparent's so he had to help pitch in $$ for his experience. It was only fair since we paid for gas driving to the T station, the T tickets (subway), the Red Sox tickets, and bottled water. Will also chose to buy cotton candy and a slice of pizza. It was all money well spent on a really fun memory!!

Emily Cook said...

We just went to a minor league game with our four children... it was SO much fun, and the junk food is a must. We got a 2 for 1 ticket deal so we felt better about the money spent on popcorn and hot dogs :) and we made sure to let them see how much it cost! They were wide eyed and very appreciative! so much fun!

Emily
www.weakandloved.com

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

I am so jealous that you went to Fenway! I can't wait to bring the kids. I can so relate to eating. Zane consumed 2 hot dogs at lunch today- I can't only imagine later on. I am so glad you had a lot of fun! xoxo

Stephanie Kay said...

Emily, we love going to the local minor league games. At $6 a ticket it's a great deal for our family - until we drop $30 sharing sodas and dough boys. So we only go 1-2 times a year. But it's a lot of fun!!

fanta4two said...

hahaha how cute - most of the pics were eating pictures! Gotta love them boys.

Looks like they had a great time! I'm visiting from one of the blog hops and am glad I surfed on in.

This was a fun post to read.

Have a wonderful July 4th!
Patty from www.fanta4two.com

Kate @ Teaching What Is Good said...

LOL! I spent LOTS of time at Fenway Park in the 1970s...I went to college minutes from there! Ahhh, the memories!!

Thanks for linking up, Stephanie!

Unknown said...

I pretty much only go to baseball games for the snacks. And, it's amazing what Dudes can eat, isn't it?!

Maggie S. said...

We used to live in Kansas City. Dogs are a non-negotiable at the park. I like the Chili Cheese Tots and always had dirty thoughts about the barbecue (we were in K.C.).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...