Monday, March 8, 2010

Compassion in Kenya

Two years ago, with tears pouring down my cheeks, I read every word BooMama wrote about her trip with Compassion International to Uganda.


As a result of her moving words and pictures my family sponsored 3 children.  Three children in Uganda attend school, receive medical attention, and eat nutritious meals because of the donations my family gives to Compassion but they aren't the only ones learning.  Those 3 precious children and their letters are teaching me valuable lessons about gratitude and trusting God.

Several months ago I met a lady via OurCompassion.org who had recently returned from a sponsor trip to Uganda.  She just happens to sponsor a little girl in the same Project as our Hellen.  She has given me permission to share some of her beautiful pictures with you.


This one of the river breaks my heart.  Until last year, this is where the people in Hellen's village went to get their drinking and cooking water.  Can you imagine DRINKING that filthy water?!

Well, Compassion came in and drilled a well for the village.  They no longer have to drink from this river BUT they still bathe and wash their clothes here.  And sometimes there are crocodiles.  Yeah.  Mind-numbing, isn't it.

This week Compassion is again traveling in Africa with bloggers.  You can read their posts and see their pictures here.  Maybe one of them will inspire you to step out and change a life in Africa.

I realize not everyone can make the monthly commitment to Compassion.  But could you commit to a one time gift of $15 or $20 dollars?  All you have to do is support me as I run a 5K in May.  You can read more about it here.

Before you go read the bloggers in Kenya or my Crazy 5K Goal, tell me - doesn't that girl's smile make you want to grin back at her or hug her and the little one on her back?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...