Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Fall into Reading 2007 Wrap-up

It's a wrap. Up that is.

Fall into Reading 2007 for me ended up pretty mediocre. And that's putting it mildly. Pathetic and sad are other words that come to mind. I had such high hopes! I even had a fairly short list so I thought I could get it done. Nah. Didn't happen.

I have read several books this fall but only these from my list:

A Charlotte Mason Companion: Personal Reflections on The Gentle Art of Learning by Karen Andreola. I haven't technically finished this book. I only have about 2 or 3 chapters left so it shouldn't take too much longer. What I have read has inspired me and scared me for our home schooling journey that will officially begin Fall 2008. I'm planning to write a full review once I've finished.

A Chance to Die (Amy Carmichael) by Elisabeth Elliot. Technically I haven't finished this either. It was a Christmas present from my mother-in-law so I haven't had a whole lot of time to read it. What I have read is pretty challenging. I'm definitely going to be searching for Amy's books and others from the bibliography. I'll also be writing more about this book after the chaos around here is over.

Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. This one I skimmed through. It is one of those deep books that you really need to own so you can mark it up. I borrowed this book from a friend so I couldn't write in it. At least I don't think she would have appreciated my scribbles and I'm not sure I'd want her to see all my issues. She's a close friend and hear's enough about my baggage on those rare occasions we're at Applebee's for hours AFTER they close. Anyway. I'm going to have to buy it because O, man! Am I ever thinking some lies!!

I'm hoping to make another list and keep it on my side bar. Maybe if I see it everyday then I'll be more diligent to accomplish my reading goals.

Anyone who didn't participate in the challenge have some suggestions for my new list?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just got that Charlotte Mason book for Christmas ... I need to break it out and start it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...