Friday, February 25, 2011

Xtreme Sledding :: Family Fun Friday


January 2011 came with its own theme - SNOW!  From the day after Christmas into February, Rhode Island experienced weekly snowfall.  Sometimes twice a week!

In the beginning we shoveled the driveway as a family, threw a few snowballs, and made a snowman.  But once snow has thawed and refrozen a few times it makes a pretty lethal snowball.

So what's a family to do when the backyard looks like this:


And the front yard looks like this:


And the driveway looks like this:


Well, you use those walls of snow for Xtreme sledding!!


And Momma just prays no one gets hurt!!!


What's the craziest thing you've done in the snow?

3 comments:

Carrie said...

That looks like fun!

When I first moved to the northwest (Idaho to be precise) I went skiing with some friends. Having come from TX, I had never been skiing before.

The friend I was with said he'd teach me to ski and insisted I didn't need an instructor. I stupidly trusted him. He took me down the bunny hill 2x and then took me to the top of a VERY. STEEP. MOUNTAIN side in the middle of a white-out! It took me 2 1/2 hours to get down that slope. It was stupid, horrific and very hard. (But it had its HILARIOUS moments!) I got to the bottom, took of the skiis, walked to the car and fell into an exhausted sleep instantly. My friend went back up the slope and completed the run in less than 5 minutes.

Stephanie Kay said...

Oh my, Carrie! That's quite a story. After 13 years of living in New England, we have never been skiing. I'm sure my husband would enjoy it but I don't think I'm coordinated enough. We prefer sledding instead.

We've had 40+ degree temps most of this week and today it's steadily raining so the inch+ of snow/ice still covering our yard should be gone by tonight. Just in time for the snow that's predicted off and on for the next 4 days.

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

Wow! It looks like fun for them, but a little scary for Mom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...