Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Checking In at the End of July

Hi Everyone!!

Wow! I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since I declared my bloggy break. The summer is flying by!! I'm still not officially back. I just wanted to drop in a let you know what we've been up to around here.

July zipped by with:
  • 4th of July Fireworks at the Beach,
  • letterboxing with friends,
  • Mia's Backward Birthday Party (which was a ton of fun!),
  • a Rheumatologist appointment for me (discovered she doesn't take the new insurance so I'm going to have to switch doctors after 6 years),
  • vacation in Maine for 4.5 days (more on this later once my film is developed),
  • 3 year old friend's birthday party at a park (lots of fun!),
  • Mom's Night Out with my friend Amy in which we stayed at IHOP until 2:45 AM!!!
  • And Last But Not Least: My Mom Arrives FRIDAY night!!
My word! No wonder I'm so tired! We've been very social this month!!

I've also read more books this month, both with the kids and for myself. Can't say that I've gotten anywhere on starting a new routine for us or getting my house clean but I keep hoping.

I have been keeping up with my Google Reader though not commenting as much. Just today I brutally culled through my Reader. There are so many great blogs out there but my time is limited so I really need to restrict how many I'm reading.

Anyway. Just wanted to say hi! I'll be back soon with a book review and some vacation posts.

Enjoy the ending of your summer!!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Well I think I made the cut because you commented recently. ;D

You've had a whopper of a July alright.

And btw - next time my Mom's Night Out goes until 11 p.m. and I walk in the door all sheepishly with Jonathan grinning at me like the Cheshire Cat? I'm mentioning you and 2:45 a.m.!!!!!

Stephanie said...

Wow - y'all have been busy! There are just some seasons like that with a birthday or event on every corner. That's what June was for us! Eager to hear homeschool plans when you are back to a normal (what is that??) routine. :)

Alicia said...

What a fun month! I'm basically taking the same break as you, but accidentally! With Dan back to work, I'm guessing I'll blog more. We'll see. And I haven't opened my reader in a week. What's the latest on Joel's job situation?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...