Thursday, July 5, 2012

Toppling Dominoes


This spring my husband introduced my kids to the fun of toppling dominoes. As expected my hands-on, spatial thinker really took to the activity. He spent hours setting up rows of dominoes.


He learned to arrange the dominoes into shapes, create bridges, and designed curves.

This is my LEGOs, Lincoln Logs, and Tinker Toys lovin' boy, so I'm not surprised that he enjoyed designing patterns with the dominoes.


When Ben (7 yrs) placed the last domino he called us all in to watch them fall over. This spring he spent a lot of rainy days lining up dominoes and toppling dominoes over and over.


I loved seeing that excited face every time he knocked the dominoes over. I also enjoyed watching him problem solve how to arrange the pieces so they fell correctly. I highly recommend toppling dominoes for an activity when it's too hot or cold to play outside!

Do you topple dominoes?


Stay in the Loop! Subscribe to Stephanie's Mommy Brain and receive new posts in your email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


Linked to:

Works for Me WednesdayWordful Wednesday,
Hip Homeschool Hop Button

4 comments:

Tech Daddy said...

I did some when I was a kid. I enjoyed introducing it to our kids.

Unknown said...

Dominos were my favorite as a kid. You have a great blog. Stopping by from Homeschool Hop and I am a new follower. I would be so grateful if you would link up a post at Mom's Library. Thanks for sharing a fun activity your child enjoys.

Kate @ Teaching What Is Good said...

Do you know I was 35 before I realized that dominoes was actually a GAME and not just for lining up and knocking down!?!

Stephanie Kay said...

Kate, that's funny!! I don't remember playing dominoes the game much growing up but I was aware of it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...