Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What's in your pocket?

While unpacking suitcases from our recent vacation to Tennessee I delivered my children's clothes to the appropriate rooms.  A few minutes later I returned to the boys' room to find my five year old pulling PINE CONES out of a jacket pocket.

A jacket I had just unpacked from a suitcase.  A suitcase I had packed in Tennessee and never noticed the extra bulk.


What is it about little boys and hauling things home?!  Be it rocks, sticks or PINE CONES?  After 7.5 years as a Boy's Mom I've learned to just laugh and shake my head about these things.


So, what have you found in a pocket?  Anything living?  Or does the boy in your life smuggle things home that are too large for a pocket?  I'd love to hear about it!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

That's funny! Our suitcases are usually so full that there's no room for extra bulk! :) Good memories for you!

Stephanie Kay said...

Amy, ours too! I usually nix the idea of bringing things back - which is why I was so surprised when Ben starting pulling pine cones out of the jacket I handed him. I don't know how they managed not to get crushed to pieces.

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

So funny! At least it wasn't a bug, snake or something just plain icky!

Stephanie Kay said...

You are right about that, Dawn!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...