Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Carols for a Kid's Heart

I smiled today as I listened to my children sing Christmas songs while cleaning their rooms. Nothing is sweeter than hearing my 8 year old sing "Joy to the World" at the top of his lungs.

It's important to me that my children know the old Christmas carols. But it is becoming increasingly difficult to hear traditional Christmas songs. Even Christian radio stations and churches today choose contemporary arrangements instead of the traditional ones.

Christmas Carols for a Kid's Heart by Bobbie Wolgemuth and Joni Eareckson Tada helps me teach my children traditional Christmas music.

Christmas Carols includes 12 different songs in the book and on the enclosed CD. Each chapter contains a brief narrative describing the related scripture verses and the history of the song. The authors also wrote out all of the words to the song so we can sing them correctly with the CD.

I truly love this book and accompanying CD! I highly recommend you add it to your Christmas children's book collection (you should also buy the other books in the series!).

Have you taught your children traditional Christmas carols?



Click here to subscribe to Stephanie's Mommy Brain and receive the 30 Days of Christmas Activities and Books posts in your favorite reader or by email as they are published.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I think this is a Crossway title. Is it not? I was looking at this series (because I noticed it was by Tada) but I wasn't sure if I would really like it. I'm glad to hear your thoughts on it!

Stephanie Kay said...

Carrie, it's Crossway and Focus on the Family. We own the Christmas and Easter books and 2 general hymns books. I think they are fabulous for teaching children the traditional Christian hymns! I think you'd really like them - as much for the CDs as the books themselves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...