Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Beatrix Potter - Children's Classics Carnival


This month's Children's Classics topic at 5 Minutes for Books is Beatrix Potter.

Last year I brought home several books by Miss Potter and thoroughly enjoyed reading them with my children. I found the animal characters engaging and the illustrations appealing to my children's imaginations. My favorite part of her stories is that naughty behavior isn't condoned!

This year I hope to make Peter Rabbit, Benjamin Bunny and Squirrel Nutkin permanent residents of our home. But, until then, we will periodically check them out from the library.

Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the library in time for this challenge. So I did what any good mom of the 21st Century does - I googled Beatrix Potter.

In my search I found two interesting websites I thought I would share with you:
  • The World of Peter Rabbit - the official site for Peter and his friends. There are children's games to play, info on the author, and downloadable coloring pages.
  • YouTube - I'm not embedding a video because there are too many to choose from! Go, search and enjoy!!
Which versions of the Beatrix Potter books and DVDs do you recommend I purchase? Should I buy a compilation, individual books or a set?

If you are interested in reading more about Beatrix Potter and her books be sure to check out the Children's Classics carnival at 5 Minutes for Books.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh! THanks for the Youtube idea! Hadn't thought of doing that for Potter. Awesome!

Stephanie said...

We love love our big compilation book - my girls love toting it around and that we can pick up where we left off. However, I do think the little books are adorable and fit small hands so much better. Too bad it's not really practical to keep both around. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...