Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I figured out what to do with the 20+ boxes we received via Amazon and other stores at Christmas!

Here are the results of my decluttering (you can just scroll down to the next post to view the before/after pics or feel free to click the link). The stack on the left is mostly kitchen things. The stack on the right contains toys, clothes, and other things that I boxed up way back in November and never hauled off to the Salvation Army. In case you're wondering that's 10 boxes and a tin foil turkey roasting pan. I bought it to use at Christmas but ended up buying a ham instead. The bottom left box is the one the ham dinner came in. = )


The box with green tape on the edges (it's the LL Bean box in the below picture) came packed with Will's sleeping bag for Christmas. When he saw it in my pile he said, "Why are you getting rid of my box?! I want you to get rid of Ben's box (he also received a sleeping bag for Christmas) instead of mine." I think I have a mini-Messie on my hands!! = (

Here's everything loaded in the van. I hauled it all to the Salvation Army on Saturday. I'm so proud of Joel. He didn't go through one box and didn't ask me what was in them!! Way to go, Sweet!

I had to laugh when I arrived at the S.A. I couldn't get close to the drop off location because a U-Haul was unloading things there. Now that's what I call decluttering!!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

A U-Haul?! Imagine! So proud of Joel--know it was difficult for him and hope Will can be OK with his box! :)

Westafricanrains said...

You are inspiring me and trust me, I need inspiration. I'm in a de-cluttering mode, but can't ever seem to actually do it.

Alicia said...

I barely own enough things to fit into a U-haul! This is awesome decluttering. I've really got to get with it!

lifelaughterchaos said...

I LOVE to declutter, reorganize and get the stuff out of my house! It makes me feel free! ANd then the next day starts and I feel like I need to do it all over again!

CandCFamily said...

Awesome Job! I need to do the same, maybe reading posts will make me inspired!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...