Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Countdown: 20 DAYS!

Last week (Friday, September 26) Joel and the kids joined me for my (hopefully) last ultrasound appointment. Sadly, the pictures didn't turn out very well but the viewing was fantastic. We saw Samuel's face, toes, foot, leg bones, hand, spine, heart, and "boy parts." That last one made me laugh. That's what the technician called "it" for my guys. Will didn't understand what she meant until I told him the more technical "P." word. = )

Will really enjoyed the appointment. His favorite part was seeing and hearing the heart beating. Mine, too! Although those five cute toes run a close second!

The machine and technician believe Samuel weighs 5 pounds 10 ounces. I learned something new at this appointment. The machine has a +/- 12 ounces on the weight calculations. That means it can be off nearly a whole pound! Seems like a lot of +/- to me when you are making major decisions based on size and weight.

Anyway. I think they are wrong. I think he's a good 6.5 pounds already. I'm bigger now than I was with William (my tiny 6.5 pound firstborn). Here's a couple of pictures taken on September 21 (Sunday) for your viewing pleasure.



In other weight related news, I was down 2 pounds from the appointment 2 weeks before that. LOL! They asked if I've been eating. I reminded them that the weather has been fluctuating around here between almost-summer and brrr-where's-my-sweater temperatures, which means I've been wearing different types of clothes to each appointment. And thus the fluctuations in weight.

One good thing is that my hemoglobin (iron) levels are up some. Yeah for progress! And he's definitely head down, not that it really matters.

I have another OB appointment on Friday. I think it might include an internal. Can I get an AMEN! for my ugh?! There really is no point in it. I can assure them no contractions are taking place. They never do until I go into labor which isn't going to happen this time. Sigh! I wish someone would believe that I really know how my body works...

Anyway. I'll try to remember to take a picture of myself. We can start playing a fun game of "Guess the Baby's Birthweight."

7 comments:

Alicia said...

I really can't believe it's upon us!! I know you're going to laugh, but this pregnancy has flown by (for me)! Hee hee! I'm going to say 6 lbs 1 oz.

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

Sounds like it was a fun appointment for you and the kids. It is so amazing, isn't it?

A week before Emily was born I had an ultrasound and was told that she would be 7 lbs. A week later she was born at 8lbs 11oz! So I don't put much faith in their guesses about weight. : )

My guess for Sam is 6 lbs 10 oz.

Julie said...

I'm going to guess 7lbs. 2 oz.
I love the name, btw.
Julie

Anonymous said...

I hope the last few weeks go smoothly!

6pounds 5 ounces sounds so big to me. It took The Bean 2 months to get almost to that size. Having a preemie throws your whole perspective off on that kind of thing!

Marc and Charity said...

You look great, I think I'm that big now at 21 weeks ! LOL.

Christie said...

Steph,

I wonder if it's a 4th baby thing??? I went in today and was SHOCKED to find out that I gained 0...zilch...not a pound in the whole last month. I'm very surprised. The doctor I saw today (big practice) said it's nothing to be concerned about because Sawyer was measuring right on target. If I understand correctly, then, Sawyer grew this month and I didn't!!! I want to point out a few key places where he can find another pound or two if he wants to snag those from Mommy, too!!! :)

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

You look so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...